- Posted 9 days ago
About this job
NFQ is a core technology partner for HomeToGo – a dedicated team of software engineers and data science professionals driving innovation to power a marketplace with the world’s largest selection of vacation rentals. We are expanding HomeToGo’s technology team in Lithuania and are looking for the brightest talents to join this growing company.
HomeToGo is a marketplace with the world's largest selection of vacation rentals, listing millions of offers from thousands of trusted partners, including Airbnb, Booking.com, Vrbo and TripAdvisor. From vacation homes, cabins, beach houses, apartments, condos, house boats, castles, farm stays and everything in between, HomeToGo combines price, destination, dates and amenities to find the perfect accommodation for any trip worldwide.
Founded in 2014, HomeToGo employs more than 350 people and manages 23 local apps & websites across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and Asia-Pacific. HomeToGo also operates brands such as Tripping.com, CASAMUNDO and Wimdu.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer/Team Lead, you’ll be a part of a passionate and hard-working team. Day to day we manage mission-critical infrastructure, ensuring we stay stable, secure and efficient. It is our role to collaborate with other teams, understand their specifics and provide solutions to deploy and run their code in different environments. You will lead our cloud engineering team, take ownership of infrastructure automation, contribute to setting team goals, plan team’s work, coach and mentor your colleagues. This position is open in Vilnius or Kaunas.
In this role, you will
- Work hand-in-hand with stakeholders to refine requirements, dividing work into clear milestones, identifying blockers
- Research, implement and develop new technologies in our infrastructure
- Automate and integrate different tools and technologies to keep our processes fast and efficient
- Continuously improve speed, efficiency, security and scalability of our infrastructure
- Solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Communicate and align within and across teams
- Lead a team of engineers, mentor other team members
What you will bring
- Proven experience as a team leader
- Proven experience in DevOps, Automation and System Administration
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix and key services which make the web work (Nginx, Elasticsearch, MariaDB, Redis, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of automation tools (Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience with build automation systems such as Jenkins
- Experience with large-scale public cloud infrastructure
- Strong programming skills (Ruby, Python, etc.) is a plus
- Understanding of basic IT security concepts
- Understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and implementations
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities
- Compensation of attractive salary, health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, training budget, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, business trips to Berlin. Salary commensurate with expertise and experience: 4000-7000 EUR gross